Canada has long been a source of fascination and enchantment for Western tourists. The country sees 5 million tourists visit each year, and that number continues to grow, with new ventures and business opening for outsiders. With the traveling to Canada, comes a need for standard documents of approval. Before you travel to Canada, you will need to get a Canada visa. In this article, we cover the requirements for a Canadian visa.
The requirements for a Canadian visa are related to many factors which include country of origin, visa type, and age of the applicant. It is essential that you understand that there are two lists. One has the standard set of documents that apply to all the visas, while the second one comes with documents specifically required for your type of Canadian visa you choose.
Here is a quick list of requirements for the Canadian visa:
- A Valid passport
Two recent passport-sized photos taken within the past six months.
- A completed Canadian visa application form. To ensure that your Canada visa application is approved, write clearly and proofread the application carefully for mistakes.
- A photocopy of your plane tickets or your itinerary.
- A legible copy of your proof of residence, driver’s license or a utility bill showing your name and address.
- A copy of your birth certificate
- A financial statement showing adequate amount in the account
The second list is much more customized to the nature of your visit. Whether you are going for treatment or business, you need to establish your need to enter Canada, and the necessary documents required for a Canadian visa. Once you have your visa, it’s recommended that you make a copy of your passport and the Canadian visa. This will make it easier to get your visa replaced if you lose your passport while you are in Canada.
The approval time for the Canadian visa may vary for different nations. It takes anywhere between 2- 5 days for the approval.